- NaNoWriMo Nov 2018: Day 0 (Prepping)
- NaNoWriMo Nov 2018: Day 1
- NaNoWriMo Nov 2018: Day 2
- NaNoWriMo Nov 2018: Day 5
- NaNoWriMo November 2018: Day 6
- NaNoWriMo November 2018: Status Update
- NaNoWriMo November 2018: Day 12
- Nanowrimo November 2018: Day 13
- Nanowrimo November 2018: Day 15
- Nanowrimo November 2018: Day 15 (Part 2)
- Nanowrimo November 2018: Day 18 (Mea Culpa)
- Nanowrimo November 2018: Day 19
My cold is still kicking my ass, but I got better cold medicine today so I was able to get some more writing done today.
My new word count goal is 1800 words a day to get myself back on track and hit 50,000 by the end of the month, which averages out to 900 words per scene, which should be fine. I don’t know. We’ll see where we are at the end of the week.
I’ve finished two chapters so far, and I’d be lying if I said I was completely happy with them. I feel like I haven’t hit my groove with this story so far, but I guess that’s not surprising. I got sick almost as soon as I started writing, and my writing has felt super stilted.
But I’m going to remind myself that the first few chapters of most of my stories feel a bit rough until I get a feel for the characters and the settings. Mad World’s first two chapters definitely felt like I wasn’t going to get what I needed from them. Then I hit my stride in Chapter 4, and I wrote the rest of the story in 21 days, so it’s all about finding that sweet spot. Then I went back and punched up those first few chapters.
As pretty much every writer on the planet has said, you can’t fix a blank page.
So today, I wrote for 50 minutes and added 1841 with two scenes.My total word count is 7348.