- NaNoWriMo Nov 2018: Day 0 (Prepping)
- NaNoWriMo Nov 2018: Day 1
- NaNoWriMo Nov 2018: Day 2
- NaNoWriMo Nov 2018: Day 5
- NaNoWriMo November 2018: Day 6
- NaNoWriMo November 2018: Status Update
- NaNoWriMo November 2018: Day 12
- Nanowrimo November 2018: Day 13
- Nanowrimo November 2018: Day 15
- Nanowrimo November 2018: Day 15 (Part 2)
- Nanowrimo November 2018: Day 18 (Mea Culpa)
- Nanowrimo November 2018: Day 19
- Nanowrimo November 2018: Day 21
- Nanowrimo November 2018: Day 28
I haven’t done a post in the last six days and that’s an accurate reflection of how much writing I managed to do since Tuesday. I remain at 7300ish words and two chapters.
I had one of those annoying colds where I didn’t get too sick (not a ton of coughing, sneezing, etc) and I treated it pretty quickly with meds, but it just sucked all my energy straight out. It took some time to bounce back, and then once I had done that, I had real life stuff to get caught up with. Getting a cold the first week of NaNoWriMo was pretty much the worst.
I’m not giving up though. By November 15 (Thursday), the idea is to be about 25,000 words in. I’m roughly 18,000 words from that goal. In order to be completely caught up, I’d have to do about 4500 words a day. I’m not insane however, haha, so I’ve set a goal of writing 3000+ words a day for the next week. That will give me 21000 words, letting me hit 3000 by next Sunday. Basically, I’ll be writing roughly a chapter a day which isn’t a terrible idea anyway.
That would get me back on track and back on par to finish on time. I definitely didn’t feel that great about a lot of the stuff I wrote while I was sick, so it might have been a smart idea to take some time and relax, get myself back into good health.
Today, the plan is to edit chapters of Mad World so I can prepare the next two weeks of posting and get Patreon scheduled and then get myself all situated with school work and make a realistic schedule to stick to for the next two weeks.
I feel a lot better today than I have all week and I’m ready to get back into it!